Friday, July 17, 2009

I Will Persist

So many times people ask me, "Rick is it hard to be a Renaissance Man"? To tell you the truth I don't think about it, I just do all the things that I do. Like right now as I type this I'm also playing the role of Producer. My production company has produced 2 films that we're submitting to film festivals, "Souled Out Comedy" and "Whistle & Snap". "Whistle & Snap" has been selected to screen at the Roxbury Film Festival in Boston, on August 2, 2009. You know what, just go check out the website for Younger Child Productions!

I love the excitement of doing many things. I guess I'm just not one to put limits on myself. I've found that the main reason most people don't live their dreams is that they talk themselves out of pursuing what they really want. There are enough people in life telling you no, so why contribute to the negativity by telling yourself no. As a person who functions in the creative and artistic world, I've found that the most successful people aren't always the most talented. The successful ones are usually the people who won't quit. The ones who keep coming back when they're told no or when doors are closed in their faces. Talented people oftentimes are very sensitive, it kinda goes hand in hand with their ability to create. That can also be a bad thing because, I've witnessed firsthand when talented people have given up just because they can't take the rejection anymore. I've decided to employ this philosophy, "If you're talented and don't quit as the other talented people give up, eventually you'll be the most talented person still standing"! The way I figure it, eventually it'll be me(with my abundance of talent and persistence) and a group of untalented people left to choose from. Then my talent will be even more apparent. I will persist until I succeed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment